Starters who wanted to try vaping are often faced with the biggest challenge of selecting the appropriate device that would best suit their needs. And mind you, the selection process can become very overwhelming. The availability of a variety of devices in the vape market is helpful in some ways, but is also confusing at the same time.
In picking a device, it is important to first examine each and every product and see what it can and cannot do. Also, check on the manufacturer and the availability of spare parts. Lastly, see if the device is the right one for you.
According to LiveScience.com, electronic cigarettes or e-cigs have been on the US market since 2008 and have gained wider use in recent years. “There is no question that a puff on an e-cigarette is less dangerous than a puff on a conventional cigarette,” said Stanton Glantz, a professor of medicine and the director of the Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education at the University of California, San Francisco. Glantz said that since e-cigarettes create vapor rather than produce a tobacco smoke. They generally deliver less nicotine to users in comparison with cigarettes.
The Origin of Vaping
Chinese pharmacist Hon Lik invented vaping as a healthy alternative to the cancer-causing cigarette smoking. The use of a vaporizer also prevents bad breath and spares users from the bad smell of cigarette smoke that sticks on your shirt.
But to make it clear what vaping actually means, it should never be mistaken for cigarette smoking. It is simply the act of inhaling vapor produced by the e-liquid that you put on a personal vaporizer and later on exhaling it.
The e-liquid also known as e-juice consist of a combination of propylene glycol (PG) or vegetable glycerin (VG) mixed with a small amount of nicotine and food coloring to produce unique and exotic flavors. This is placed on a battery-operated atomizer to simulate the experience of smoking. The vapor that is produced is then inhaled into the body and later on exhaled.
The Parts of a Vaporizer
To further enjoy your vaping experience, it is important for vapers to also familiarize the parts of their vaporizer. There are a few basic parts that all vaping devices have in common, according to MistHub.com. Often, they look differently, but perform the same basic functions.
Below are the basic parts of a vaporizer, according to the mentioned site:
- Vape Tanks. This part of the device houses the wick, e-liquids and the heating coil.
- Vape Coils. A replaceable assembly or section of a wire that has been wound into a spring like coil and wicked with an absorbent material like cotton to absorb the e-liquid. The wire coil is then heated to vaporize the e-liquids found on the wicks.
- Batteries. This powers the device or mod. Some devices use an integrated battery while others use replaceable cells. Standard batteries are fixed voltage batteries of generally 3 to 4 volts.
- Vape Mods. This is the device that houses the vaporizer’s batteries. It transfers power to the clearomizer or atomizer.
- E-juice. This produced from a mixture of propylene glycol (PG) or vegetable glycerin (VG) and some flavoring. This water-based liquid is also infused with nicotine to create vapor for inhalation.
By familiarizing the vaping devices, you can definitely have a wonderful vaping experience ahead. Your knowledge about it makes you happy while inhaling and exhaling the vapor produced by the e-cig device.