Just like any device you buy, e-cigarettes also need TLC to last as long as they should. Even the best vaporizer in the world can tear apart, especially if not well taken care of. Here are some tips to help you maintain your equipment’s good quality:
- Don’t Let Your E-juice Run Dry – this will lead to your atomizer not being able to draw in enough liquid. If this happens often, the risk of dry burn increases. It will give you a burnt taste, and you may also burn your atomizer in the process. To avoid this, just check your tank regularly and fill it up if necessary.
- Clean Your Battery Terminal Regularly – dirt and gunk can affect the performance of your equipment. You can use a cotton bud to clean your battery terminal and prevent any flavor ghosting from happening. If your battery is not functioning well, check if the terminal has been pushed in. If that’s the case, you can gently pull it out by using a toothpick.
- Proper Storage is Everything – make sure to keep your vaporizer in a place away from direct sunlight, water, and high temperatures. It should be in its upright position to avoid leaking.
- Always Clean Your Vape Tank – by following the proper steps in cleaning your vaporizer, you can extend its life to the fullest. Usually, all you’ll need is lukewarm water. But you can also use a cleaning solution if you like. Always remember to dry it off completely before using it again.
- Clean the Mouthpiece When Needed – if there’s dirt stuck on the mouthpiece of your vaporizer, the airflow will be obstructed, and vapor will be blocked. To remove it, simply blow through the mouthpiece or use a twisted piece of tissue paper to push the dirt away. You can also rinse it with warm water.
- Don’t Drain Your Vaporizer’s Battery – keeping a little ‘life’ in your battery before you plug it in can help extend its life. Keep your battery away from extreme temperatures and make sure to fully charge it before going on a trip or out of the house.
- Change Your Coils Regularly – if your vaporizer has consumable coils, make sure to change it every month or when you feel that it’s no longer at its prime. This is highly advisable if you experience a burnt taste or hear a gurgling sound when you take a hit.
- Don’t Twist Your Clearomizer In Too Tightly – when putting the parts of your vaporizer together, be careful not to put them on too tightly. Just use your hand or a rubber grip to screw or unscrew to avoid damaging the tank and the battery.
- Keep Your Equipment in a Case – this can help protect any sensitive parts of your vaporizer. When you’re not using it, stow away in a case to avoid accidentally breaking it.