Whether you’re a newbie or a pro in the world of vaping, it wouldn’t be cool if you knew nothing about one of the most important parts of your e-cigarette: The battery! This lithium-ion block is actually what powers your entire vaping experience so how about we explore it just a little bit more today?
Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are popular these days because most of our electronic gadgets and devices are powered by them. Companies choose them because they are much lighter than other types of rechargeable batteries of the same size but can pack a lot of energy. They are known to be able to hold their charge well as they lose only about 5 percent of their charge per month. Also, one does not have to completely discharge them before replugging. They are capable of handling hundreds of charge/discharge cycles during their lifetime as well. These are exactly the reasons why lithium-ion batteries are chosen to power the e-cigarettes used by vapers across the globe.
Beware, however, that despite those awesome functions and performance, they have also become popular because of some news that they can sometimes be unsafe, and in fact, explode.
Here are a few Do’s and Don’ts that you have to remember to avoid such unfortunate events from happening to your e-cig battery:
- Use only the authentic charging equipment that came with your device. Your supplier studied the unit well enough to know what kind of charger it needs. This is very important as “using the wrong charger” is said to be the number one cause of e-cig fires and explosions.
- If looking to change batteries or charger, make sure that you purchase only from a company with a spotless reputation. Reading reviews online before buying can go a long way.
- Properly maintain your e-cig including the batteries. A well-maintained device means that the unit is functioning as it should be and would not be asking from the battery for power or work that is more than what’s necessary.
- Don’t use damaged batteries or those that appear to be corroded or improperly packed. If it doesn’t look good, chances are it won’t work good.
- Don’t haphazardly screw your battery to your tanks or clearomizer. This can cause leaking and spillage of your liquid which wouldn’t be good for the batteries. Attach it properly, not too tight nor too loose.
- Don’t expose your device to an extreme temperature such as too much heat or cold as it will affect its charged energy. This also goes without saying that your device must be kept dry at all times.
- Don’t leave your device charging for too long. This might come as a no-brainer but you’ll be surprised that this is also one of the top causes of reported e-cig explosions.
Keep safe and enjoy vaping!