Different Types of Vape Chargers
Electronic cigarettes come in a variety of brands and models, and the charger you need depends on the kind of vape that you’re using. If you’re new to the world of e-cigs, getting the right charger for your device can be quite confusing. To make sure you’re making the right purchase, take time to familiarize yourself with these types of chargers:
USB chargers are the cheapest and most commonly used chargers for e-cigs. This type of charger has a USB hookup on one end, and a connector for the e-cig battery on the other end.
USB chargers are generally small and easy to use. To charge your e-cig battery, you just need to connect the charging cable to a USB mains adaptor or a computer USB port. Usually, a green light will indicate that the battery is fully-charged. This could take 2 to 4 hours depending on your battery capacity.
Micro USB Chargers
A micro USB charger has a USB connector on one end and a micro USB on the other end. The length of the cable usually ranges from 4 inches to 6 feet.
A micro USB charger fits with a wide variety of e-cig brands and models. This type of charger is also compatible with Android phones. It’s a popular choice among vapers because of its versatility. To use this, all you need to do is plug in your micro USB to a power source, such as a computer, power bank, or wall adapter.
Cylindrical Bay Charger
The cylindrical bay charger is similar to the chargers that you use for rechargeable AA batteries. This is the perfect choice for e-cig users who are looking for a heavy-duty charger that can be used for batteries of different sizes.
This usually has an LCD screen that displays the voltage, current, charge time, and the charging progress. This type of charger also comes with several safety features designed to prevent overcharging, short-circuiting and electronic shock.
Charging Tips and Advice for E-cig Users
When it comes to electronic devices, there is always a risk of explosion or fire. However, this can easily be prevented by adopting safety practices. Here are a few reminders:
- Most accidents are caused by using the wrong charger. Use the charger provided or recommended by your supplier. Vape chargers come in a wide variety of voltages and currents. If you’re not sure that the charger matches your device, don’t use it.
- Buy your chargers from a reputable company. This is the best way to ensure that the products you purchase are not damaged.
- Avoid exposing your e-cig batteries to extreme heat and direct sunlight. Make sure to keep them away from anything flammable.
- Don’t use damaged batteries.
- Don’t submerge batteries in water.
- Don’t leave your e-cigarettes unattended during charging. If anything goes wrong, you should be there to stop the problem from getting worse.
- Avoid charging overnight. This might increase the risk of your batteries overheating. To avoid accidents, unplug your charger as soon as your batteries are fully charged. If you notice that your battery is swelling, remove it from the charger immediately.