Depending on the type, vaporizers can be quite expensive. You have to clean it regularly and observe proper maintenance to prolong its life. Cleaning your vaporizer may take some time, but it’s really easy to do once you get used to it. Plus, it prevents damage and maintains your vaporizer’s optimum performance through time.There are probably a hundred tips and tricks that you can do to care for your vaporizer – all of which can help you get the most out of your device. Here are a few care and maintenance suggestions that you may want to try:
- Wipe with high-proof alcohol – unflavored liquor is one of the best cleaning agents that you can use for your e-cig. It can help break down gunk from e-juice deposits; merely dampen a paper towel or cloth with the alcohol and rub it directly on the dirtied areas. You can rinse it with warm water and leave it to dry for around 10 to 15 minutes. You can also use isopropyl alcohol, but it can be toxic if not adequately rinsed after scrubbing. Expert vapers wouldn’t suggest it as well as using soap and other detergents.
- Do not boil or soak your e-cig – soaking your device in water or alcohol overnight can damage it. Boiling is also very risky. Avoid doing both if you want to enjoy your current vaporizer for a long time.
- Clean your e-cig at least once a week – regular cleaning is paramount to the ‘well-being’ of your device. It helps prevent damage and older juice from accumulating in your device’s tank. Gunk doesn’t only affect the taste of the e-juice, it can also turn your vaping experience sour.
- Wash the tank whenever you’re changing flavors – this step will prevent ‘flavor ghosting’ or mixing the tastes of two different flavors. Getting a mixed hit is not a very nice experience as you will fail to appreciate the taste of the new flavor. Make sure to remove the formed layer of the previous flavor from the walls of your tank by washing with water or alcohol.
- Replace the parts of your device whenever necessary – replacement of worn down parts is part of proper vape care. The wick and heating coil are two of the most replaced parts of a vaporizer. Whenever you start getting ‘burnt hits’ or reduced vapor production, check your device’s coil or wick if it needs to be changed.
Whether you’re new to vaping or you’ve been doing it for years, you must observe proper care and maintenance always. If you don’t clean your device on a regular basis, you may end up buying a new one more often than you please.
Also, vaping should not be considered as a safe alternative to smoking traditional cigarettes. These two may have their differences, but they also share a handful of similarities. There is still a growing concern regarding nicotine dependence and heart health that goes on today.