Using e-cigarettes and vaping is not just a fad or trend that one takes on. It is part of a huge lifestyle change that one has to commit to. Thus, it is important that one understands not only how to use his or her gadget but to also how it works and how to maintain or prolong its lifespan.
One important topic to take on would be the maintenance of the vital parts of the unit. As in the case of an e-cigarette or a vape, the heart is what is called the e-cig “tank.” It is where the flavored e-juice is stored and is the primary part of the vaporizing process. Having said that, it is important that this very part of the unit gets cleaned regularly. Aside from being the primary reason why your e-cig works, there are a whole lot more good reasons why the e-cig tank must always be properly maintained.
Why Clean It? How Often?
It’s not just for the sake of cleanliness that regular maintenance and cleaning of an e-cig coil is encouraged. A clean and well-taken care of unit also contributes to a better vaping experience. Cleaning goes a long way in terms of producing the best-tasting vapor your e-cig tank could ever have. Not only will it feel clean in the mouth, but it would also be fresh tasting thus giving you a one of a kind experience almost as close to vaping using a brand new unit.
If you’re not a chain-vaper or if you will pass as one with light to moderate use, cleaning up your tank about once every two weeks should be more than enough. Otherwise, it is a must that a heavy user cleans his tank at least once a week. Also, it is worth noting that no vaporizer tank lasts forever. Thus, it is best that your tank gets replaced as well. This applies even more so, to disposable tanks that must be discarded in about three weeks of continuous use.
Cleaning your E-cig tank is almost the same as refilling it. Here are is a quick guide:
- Unscrew and rinse the e-cig tank.
- Carefully dispose of any remaining vape juice.
- Thoroughly rinse the empty tank with clean water, preferably distilled. (do not use detergent or very harsh cleaners)
- Soak in hot water for 5-10 minutes if it’s too gunked up.
- Make sure to shake out any excess liquid.
- As for the rest of the unit parts, clean the battery carefully with a cotton swab and do not submerge the battery in liquid.
- Make sure to air-dry every single part before reassembling.
- If you smoke more than one flavor and some are light while some are strong, assign separate tanks for each flavor instead of rinsing and refilling.
- Avoid carrying your e-cig in your pocket or purse as it may get lint or dust on its very insides.
- If you repeatedly get a burnt taste when vaping, the coils or wick must have already been damaged. In which case, it is time to replace it.