Cleaning your vaporizer tank is important to ensure you’re getting the most out of your electronic cigarette. A little bit of maintenance can have a great impact on the smoothness of your vaping experience.
Cleaning a vaporizer tank might seem complicated, but it’s really easy. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Unscrew the tank from the battery and remove the metal tank cap.
- Dispose of any vape juice remaining in the tank.
- Rinse the empty tank thoroughly with clean water.
- Get a cotton swab and dip it in water or rubbing alcohol. Gently wipe the battery and tank cap with the cotton swab.
- Let all the parts dry for ten to fifteen minutes before reassembling them.
- Next, refill your vaporizer tank with vape juice and let it rest for a few minutes before doing any vaping. This way, the wicks can soak up the e-liquid before you start using your device. However, if the wicks are already damaged, make sure to replace the tank.
If you don’t want to use water for cleaning your device, there are many other options you can try:
- You may soak your tank in propylene glycol. Once the tank is done soaking, put in on a napkin and let it drip dry.
- You can also clean your electronic cigarette with vinegar or baking soda. If you decide to use vinegar, make sure that it’s thoroughly rinsed to prevent its smell from lingering on your vaping device.
- Some vapers also use dish soap or lemon juice with water to clean their electronic cigarette. These options are highly effective but always remember to rinse your device well.
- If you’re looking for an easy and effective way to clean your electronic cigarette, get an ultrasonic cleaner. This equipment is often used for cleaning jewelry and precious metals but it could also work for your device. Just set the timer for five minutes.
Tips on E-cig Maintenance
There are many things you can do to keep your electronic cigarette in tip top shape. If you want your device to last longer, save you money, and keep you from getting an upgrade for a good long while, just remember these tips:
- Read the instructions that come with your electronic cigarette in order to master the correct usage of your device.
- Always fill your electronic cigarette properly so that your device can keep functioning well. Do not pour the vape juice into the center passageway of the tank so that it doesn’t end up leaking all over the place. The best way to avoid this is by removing the tank completely before filling it.
- Do not fill your vaporizer tank with more e-liquid than it can hold so that it doesn’t start leaking. To have better control over the amount of vape juice you’re using, tilt the e-liquid into an angle and make sure to aim it at the side of the tank.
- You may experience leaks occasionally so always clean your battery regularly. The e-liquid could damage the your battery’s ability to charge and work properly so it’s important that you keep your electronic device clean to prevent any build-up.
- To extend the life of your battery, let your electronic device die completely before charging it. Also, wait until your device is fully charged before you unplug it.